For most people, the adipose tissue has an uneven distribution on the body. And if some people complain about excess fat on their thighs, abdomen or buttocks, others see their silhouette threatened by the unsightly back fat. But with ambition and special exercise combined with a proper diet, you can get rid of the back fat permanently.
Back back is one of the main enemies of people looking for the optimal physical shape.
For the lucky ones, the adiposities are evenly distributed in the body, generating an acceptable, even pleasant physical appearance, despite the “surplus”. Instead, for the unlucky ones, fat accumulates only in certain body areas.
Here are 4 back-toning exercises you can do at home complemented by cardio exercises:
1. Get rid of back fat with extensions on the mattress
– Lower to the floor face up the mattress or rug;
– Keep your arms in front of your head (for beginners) or to the neck (for advanced);
– Without raising your feet, bend your back, lifting it from the ground;
– Do not use your hands in any way to lift yourself up;
– Hold the position for a few seconds then return to the initial position;
– If you want, diversify the exercise by performing lateral extensions;
– You can make two series, 10-15 repetitions each.
Careful! Do not force your back too much. Just a little.
2. Get rid of back fat with the cat/camel stretch
– Get down on your hands and knees;
– Relax your back and gently arch it upward (the movement will mimic the cat’s arching);
– Still relaxed, bend it down, as if you wanted to touch the floor with the abdomen;
– After 5-6 repetitions (while holding each position for a few seconds), you can rest;
– Repeat this exercise a few times a day.
3. Get rid of back fat with dumbbell lateral raises
For this exercise you need 2 lightweight dumbbells or 2 bottles of water.
– Spread your legs shoulder width apart;
– Flex your knees gently, in a comfortable position;
– Bend your trunk forward, 45 degrees from the vertical axis;
– Slowly lift your arms around your body, sideways;
– Keep your arms at shoulder level for a few moments;
– Return to the original position and repeat in series of 10-12 reps.
4. Get rid of back fat with tricep pushups on bench / chair
If you don’t have a bench, you can use a solid and stable table that can support your body weight.
– Sit back to the table / bench / chair;
– Put your hands on the edge of the support;
– Bend your knees and shift your body weight onto your arms;
– Bend your elbows (so you’ll bear the entire body weight);
– Push up, stretching your arms, and bend your elbows again;
– Perform slow movements without forgetting to regulate your breathing during exercise;
– Do at least 2 sets of 10-12 reps.
For a proper back fat “burning”, you must feel the back muscles work during every exercise.